Monday, September 15, 2008

Sneak Up?

I like my blog. I enjoy re-reading my posts - it reminds me of how I felt at that particular moment - enjoying a scenic view

September sunrise

or creating something special from yummy yarn. When I re-read this post, I'm sure I'll remember how busy it's been around here since school began. Not a lot of time for knitting - just a little time for spindle spinning

My spindles as of 9-14-08

- a little time for grading papers

paperwork

- a little time for plurking

plurk

- and a little time for thinking about my friends. I'm really lucky to have good friends, both real and virtual. My real-life friends are true Godsends. I get all out of sorts when I can't spend enough time with them. They help keep me sane when things are tough and help me celebrate when things are really good! My plurky virtual friends are quite diverse, but we are bonded by our love of all-things- fiber. The virtuals also help me celebrate and help keep me sane. Plurkville is a nice little community and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Now I'm feeling sneaky. You see, on plurk you catch little snippets of each others' lives. You learn who's not feeling well, who's having difficulty with kids, whose partner is deployed, who's just spun up or dyed up yummies, and what everyone is having for dinner. You learn who lost a pet, whose mom calls too much, and who's out of toilet paper. Sometimes it's TMI, but most of the time it's just loads of fun.....and sometimes it gives you ideas......

sneaky


Hmmmmmm........ I'm feeling sneaky.....just sayin'.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

sneaky, huh? Shame on you! And here we all think of you as such a nice person in Plurkville.

Mo said...

Looks like you are feeling *generous* too :) Can't wait to see what becomes of this. (insert banana)

Daniele said...

Sneaky Sneaky!! We will figure it out, you know. Us plurkers are pretty smart... mostly ;)

Love the spindle - beautiful light wood.

And lastly, my, that is a LOT of papers to grade!

Plurk....

sailorcross said...

Oh, now you have me interested!! I'm really going to have to look into this plurking!

That yarn is just beautiful!

Beth

MsKnottyKnits said...

Oh no! I think I want to spin like you!! Beautiful spindle, by the way.

Isn't it great being sneaky? Isn't it great having Plurk buds?