Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stash Additives & a Plan!


Mid-May yarn
Originally uploaded by ckknitter
Hello, my name is ckknitter and my stash room will hold no more. There are exactly six and 1/2 days left in my school year. The very first thing I plan to do when school is out is reorganize my knitting/spinning room.
Step #1: Move everything out & paint the room a soothing, calm green.
Step#2: Insert modified table- I have a beautiful square old table (refinished by moi) in there now. It has beautifully turned legs, but the top is not in the best condition...and it's, well, square - so it takes up a good portion of one corner. My plan is to take it apart and put each half against a wall thus making a long counter. This is will give me a little more room.
Step #3: Stash storage - I'll get some rolling plastic drawer bins to go underneath. That's where my stash will live. I'll need help hanging the bookshelves (the knitting/spinning books are as plentiful as the yarn/fiber).
Step #4: Knit the summer away using only what's in the above stash or next summer , I'll be knocking out WALLS to add more storage!

Keep your fingers crossed for a quick & easy fix-up!

2 comments:

Ida said...

Oh what I would give for a dedicated knitting/spinning/stash room. I think your plan sounds great.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great plan! Let me know if you can stick to the part about not adding to the stash. :)