Saturday, February 20, 2010

February Finishers

The Ravelympics are at a halfway point and I've managed to complete three of my four entries. Of course, TWO of them were frogging projects, but they do count as FOs. This morning, I casted off the Opening Ceremonies shawlette. It's having a bath right now & will be blocked momentarily.

The big finisher of the week was not a Ravelympics project. On Tuesday, Day 13 of 13 total snow days, I completed and blocked the Enchanted Wood KAL shawl. None of the photos of the finished shawl do justice to the beautiful colors in the yarn, so to remind you of what a great job dyer Kelly did, I'm re-posting photos of the yarn skeins, the inspiration, and the best of FO photos I have. I was a little worried about pooling the brown section, but now I love every inch of its almost 60 inch wingspan. I've signed up for another Unique Sheep KAL, Moonfleet, and think you should, too!
Unique Sheep Luxe yarn in custom dyed Winter Sunset
Winter Sunset

Inspiration photo

January sunset 08

Finished Enchanted Woods shawl
Winter Sunset in Enchanted Wood 001

4 comments:

Yarn Tails said...

That is gorgeous!

Mereknits said...

Beautiful shawl. The colors are amazing.

Jadielady said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

~RaenWa~ said...

That came out beautifully.