Saturday, May 14, 2011

Knitting/Spinning and All the Rest

Sooooo - this is my new knitting project -
New mohair project


- the kid/silk mohair was purchased at MDSW & actually started there. It will make a nice light-weight scarf when the weather turns chilly again.

There's also a stealth gift project in the works. I'm thinking of using this:
Stiticus Jumping Spider - Skinny Bugga!

and making a quick shawlette pattern for end-of-school gift giving.

I've been spinning more than knitting. This Coopsworth and Bossie were both purchased at MDSW. I love the subtle coloring in the roving, and also in the Bossie Mini - Dogwood with a Bloodwood shaft. Minis are my faves!
Bossie Mini-Dogwood/Bloodwood


Today, despite the rain, DS#2 & I finished a garden project. About 5-6 years ago DS#1 helped me install a small pond. Over the years, it brought us lots of enjoyment, but in recent years, especially as the boys have grown older, it's become a pain to care for. About two months ago, I asked DS#2 to remove the pond liner. (if you are local, and are interested in a 65 gallon pond, please call me!) Today, in the drizzle and then thunder, we replaced it with a fountain. This took lots of attempts at leveling and even getting DH involved - but at last - success...
New garden fountain

-just as the harder rain started and the thunder was echoing off the hills.

It's not quite finished. I have to move around some more rocks, re-mulch, and replant my Creeping Jenny and a few hostas, but I really like it so far!

Now on to the stealth decisions!

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Your yarn is so beautiful, can't wait to see the finished projects. Good luck,
Meredith