- catching up on reading for pleasure via my ColorNook. I've read The Help, The Personal History of Rachel Dupree, Home to Holly Springs, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society so far. I am currently giving Smila's Sense of Snow a try.
- I started a pottery class with Nan Rothwell, a friend and very talented local potter.
I've made seven cylinder-like object so far. (mine are the fat ones on the right)
It feels both weird and good to be learning how to use my hands in a new way. After playing the piano since age 9, and knitting and spinning all these years, shouldn't my hands just automatically do what I want them to do? Ummm no, they should not and DO NOT!
- Cindy La. & I were invited to lunch with Cynthia H. in the southern parts of our fair county.
We toured her Dad's art studio and enjoyed the river views. Nice!
- The first week of vacation was blessedly cool. There was a good deal of porch sitting going on here. Thanks to our MiFi, I could take my Ravelry friends out on the porch too.
I also worked on spinning up the Coopworth I bought at MDSW - only 6 more ounces to go!
This process was slowed because Miss Priss, Bella, wanted to "help"
- At night, I've been working on my Moonfleet shawl.
It involves lots of beads, so is not very portable, :( , but it's still pretty and a fairly easy knit. It's been zzzz-ing for exactly one year. Bad Cindy.
- DH & I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary at a Washington Nationals' baseball game. Our DS#1 and his lovely gf, along with many of DH's siblings were there, too. Nice night!