Sunday, August 17, 2008

WIP Dissatisfaction ....the Uglies

Between going back to school for teacher work week and getting ready for my overnight trip up to Winchester, I somehow missed posting a mid-week blog update - not that there's much to post.

Actually, I have a little good news and a little bad news: the good news is that I've managed to finish two of my three WIP Wrestling projects! The bad news is that one of them is butt-ugly! I hate it...and as soon as WIP Wrestling is over, I'm gonna rip out the sleeves and try something else. Here - you be the judge...

finished ravelympic ugly sweater

Or on second thought, don't be the judge...It's not the yarn...or the color....it's the sleeves. Ick-Ack-Yep - I'm ripping those suckers right out.

The doggie sweater is finished also. Here's a photo of Mr. First Cat, White Socks, being embarrassed as he models it:

cat in dog sweater

Now I'm battling the De Colores jacket. I have to TINK a few rows that I messed up after dinner the other night....not sayin' why...

On my way back from Winchester, I stopped at the Augusta County SPCA and happened upon this:

Little Kitty

Sure would like to bring her home. She's part Siamese: blue eyes, ear coloring - but has a tabby cat stripy tail & legs... I haven't heard her voice yet...I wonder if she has that Siamese-like yowl?
DH will not be thrilled about this addition to out family and I'm not sure White Socks and Halloween will be either - but I'm tired of being the only girl here and I want a little back-up...at least that's my story....and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

Daniele said...

What an adorable kitty. Love those long siamese faces! Plus, the kitty sweater is too cute!