Many friends helped me mark the B-I-G day:
- last week, Janice & Ken cooked a wonderful dinner for me and another January b'day friend, Larry.
- all of my 4th graders made me cards.
- Janice & Kim took me to lunch....(there was an ant in my soup - lol).
- I enjoyed reading 40+ Facebook greetings :) - thank you all!
- DH & I enjoyed a nice lunch together.
- ...and today, we have a day off from school due to heavy rains and flooding. :)
Here's a yummy thing - a Ken Ledbetter spindle. It's made of purple heart wood and lacewood and has an inlay of some sort of crushed stone and a metallic wafer or disc. It's very lovely and spins well, too - so it's functional art and a gift from DH.
There was one frustration on my big b'day. It involved and still involves this.
This is the beginning of Clue 2 of The Enchanted Wood KAL. I'm now starting row 9 - after knitting-tinking-knitting-tinking-knitting-tinking all day yesterday....and it's not even a hard pattern! After getting off to a rocky start due to errors with the charted pattern, I started following both the corrected chart AND written clues -double checking my numbers with every little section - carefully marking through each section I knitted...and I've still ended up with a shortage or overage of 1-2 stitches on each row...gaaaa.....it's making me crazy! I will NOT frog....no trips to the pond b/c it's too cold for a swim! It's just going to be what it will be. When I post the final blocked shawl photo, please don't look too closely!