Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A little bit of progress

...in more than one area, thank you. I went back to work today and my fever/chills/dizziness did not return - the headache did, but oh well - can't have everything, right? AND yesterday afternoon while I was recuperating, I sewed the shoulder seams, finished the button bands, and started the neck band on the Cotolan Blue sweater which has been resting in my knitting pile for OH-SO-LONG! It's so old, in fact, that (shame-embarrassment-ducking of head) the pattern is from the Spring 1998 Knitter's Magazine. The pattern, named Seafoam Sensation, is by Melissa Leapman.


I can't really remember when I started knitting it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was sometime around the end of 1998 - OMG - a ten year sweater project....someone, PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one! Of course, I am easily distracted by all the rest of the things going on in my life...Let's see since 1998 I've finished adding a second teaching endorsement to my credentials, started working full time, lost both parents to semi-protracted illnesses, served on our church's Vestry (4 years), endured hubby's job loss, watched oldest son graduated, gone back to grad school (for 2 Masters...I'm a glutton for punishment), and traveled to England twice -(can't go this year...dollar's too crappy - gas too high). See. I got off on a rant. Shift focus BACK to sweater! I can now see the finish line....but I am afraid of sewing in the sleeves. They are set-in and don't look quite. If I have to do them over, I'm afraid this will turn into the 11 year sweater. I'd really like to finish it so I can wear it before it gets TOO stinkin' hot here. Once again - keeping my fingers crossed - but not so much that I can't knit! Here I go...

1 comment:

catspaw said...

Try basting the sleeves in first so you can see how they look. Use big stitches in something you can see easily. Works better than pins.

Glad you're feeling better!