Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lazy & Hazy Saturday

Well - it is...hazy...well, actually, it's smoky! According to the news, there was a big brush fire way down near the Outer Banks. Somehow the smoke from the fire has managed to drift up into Central Virginia. It's very hazy & smoky outside - looks like it should be very humid..well it kind of is, but not as bad as it looks. When I look outside, I feel lazy already and I haven't exerted any energy at all today - sigh.
Anyway, I've been up for awhile...knitting a little....cruising the web a little. Through Ravelry, I stumbled onto C*EYE*BER Fiber Yarns. They have yarns for the cause - the Barak Obama cause - so, being a good "knitocrat" I ordered some! Here are some photos from their website.

One is called "Yes We Can". Looks like socks to me!



The other is called "Fired Up" - I think it will be a lacy inauguration scarf!


Well at least I've done my bit to stimulate the economy!

Today is Knit in Public day. I don't know where I'll knit. Some of us thought we'd go to the local Ben Franklin, but no one had time to organize it. After I go and workout (ugh) I'll call Janice & see where we're going...probably On the Lamb in Staunton.

Speaking of Janice, she suggested I go down a needle size on the Anniversary Shawl using the Alpaca Cloud from Knit Picks. I think I'll give it a try.

KIP Day photos to come - Knit On!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so the "fired up" yarn looks like Hokie yarn to me!

ckknitter said...

- and here it is - JULY 10 - and I still don't have this yarn! GEEEZ!