Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chart my courses, please!

I joined the GoddessKnits Mystery Shawl Knit-Along group on Yahoo & Raverly. I paid $5.00 to join the group & get the pattern/charts. It's a series of 5 clues released on 5 consecutive Saturdays. Ha - what was I thinking?
  1. First of all, I can't even decide what color of yarn to use.....Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud heathery purple or heathery turquoise..?
  2. Secondly - the yarn is itty-bitty. I have not touched skinny yarn in a long time. The swatch pattern & first part of the shawl pattern went up on the web today. I've tried knitting the swatch four times and can't get the feel of the skinny stuff & needles.

Everything feels very loosy-goose - not to mention that I have to pay attention to the chart. It's very different from what I've been used to - I think I'll have to just collect the clues & watch the other members post thier photos of completed shawls. sigh. Maybe once I finish writing all my stuff for my classes I'll be able to sit down & knit something beautiful. sigh again.

Today John went to C'ville to hear Alex play in our high school's jazz band festival. I stayed home & worked on my homework. Tonight we're going to a play at the Hamner Theater. They boys are working the light & sound boards.

Time to run & get the carry out for dinner....carry it out & right IN to my kitchen. TTFN.

No comments: