Monday, February 11, 2008

Wacky-busy weekend!

Well...this past weekend FLEW by! I had class on Friday night & on Saturday, but had to go with six of my chorus students to our District's elementary chorus performance instead of class. It was a long day of waiting around and herding them from one room to another. Fortunately, it was not wasted time, as I had my husbands' Koigu socks with me. I actually stood around and knitted a lot of the time. It made me wish I had one of those little knitting hooks, then I could have walked around & knitted. I've seen one advertised on Ravelry - maybe there's one in my future. Anyway, I've knitted my way through three complete patterns on both socks - four more to go & I can do my heel flaps.

JK & I had a WONDERFUL dinner at J & K's on Saturday night - delicious chicken seasoned with cumin, coriander, & pepper; rice & a yummy sour cream & roasted pepper sauce; and roasted carrots & parsnips. I bought dessert at Hotcakes in C'ville: rasberry bars, carrot cupcakes, & pear tartlets. MMMMMM.....good!

Sunday afternoon, I played at Holy Cross for Bishop Lee's visit - spent some time knitting Lori's shawl while sitting on the organ bench during the sermon - then I braved the ferocious winds to drive to C'ville (again) for Zephyrus rehearsal.

I've joined a Mystery Shawl KAL on Yahoo - there's also the same group in Ravelry. I ordered three skeins of Shimmer AND three skeins of Alpaca Cloud from Knitpicks. I don't know which one I'll use for the project. I might have been a little too ambitious in joining this group. The pattern uses charts - I don't read charts...and my history with lace knitting is not good. The project might have to wait until this summer when I have more time. Here's another sigh...

No comments: