Friday, May 9, 2008

Life's rollercoaster

...I don't want to get off - I just want it to slow down a little.
This time of year is crazy anyway with school stuff winding down & all - but throw in a sickness or two, a concert or two, financial arguments with institutions of higher learning, an unexpected job decision, and starting two new classes and you'll have something that feels like an out of control roller coaster. That's what I've been dealing with for the past week and a half.
Here's how some of it has resolved:
  • Sickness - I'm better, but still have an inner ear thing going on. As soon as I get a chance, I'll go back to the ENT & ask him to make it better - please
  • My m-i-l is scheduled to have open heart surgery next week. We'll drive down to visit her for Mother's Day this weekend. The surgery is a real worry!
  • Zephyrus is done for the year. I'm loving Sunday evenings at home!
  • Shenandoah straightened out the financial mess, although they say they never received the registration I mailed AND faxed to them....give me a break!
  • I have decided to return to regular education - leaving music. I'll teach 5th grade Language Art & Virginia Studies again....maybe a section of math.
  • New classes have begun- - here's what they are
  • I'm also collecting practicum hours. I have to have 170 by July. I'm organizing summer school sessions for the high school and my elementary school, rewriting a section of our student handbook, and sitting in on discipline issues.
I'm also doing a little knitting. The Cindy KAL will start next week. I ordered new yarn from Knitpicks b/c I did not like the first color - too dark.
Here's the Shawl with Cables...I'm done with the first panel!I wish the Tonalita had a little more of the light pink color. I thought it would reappear, but it has not yet. Anyway, it's knitting up nicely!Time to head off to school. It's rainy Friday, so the kids are sure to be nuts! Wish us all luck!

No comments: